Lead UI/UX Designer
RaceWard Studio is seeking a Lead UI/UX Designer for our upcoming titles. The Lead UI/UX Designer will be required to work closely with Design, Art and Programmer Leadership, leading the UI/UX department members.
- Work closely with Design, Art and Programming Leadership;
- Lead the UI/UX Department (composed by 2D/3D Artists, UI/UX Designers and UI/UX programmers) managing the UI/UX implementation of the ongoing projects;
- Maintain ownership of the product vision and roadmap and improving the product development process;
- Lead the team in expanding mastery of the business goals of each design request and pushing back on stakeholders with innovative UX/UI proposals;
- Demonstrate high quality design practices. This includes participation in all aspects of UI/UX: research, ideation, strategy, interaction design, and visual design;
- Building a UX / UI style guide. Setting and maintaining UX / UI design standards;
- Updating, maintaining and developing interface specifications for the needs of the development team;
- Empower and mentor designers in the team, fostering a collaborative, productive, and positive environment within a growing team;
- Maintain and further build design team workflows that ensure that all designs delivered are in line with style guides and are of high quality standards;
- Ensure that the projects are delivered on a timely manner.
- Strong passion for making and playing games;
- Previous experience in the video game industry as Lead UI/UX Designer on at least 1 published PC or Console AA Game;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently with a skill in producing excellent results despite technical limitations and time constraints;
- Experience managing a team of designers, artists and programmers. Ability to communicate with different departments of the company;
- Good general knowledge of graphical trends and flows;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficient in English, both spoken and written.
NICE TO HAVE
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine;
- Familiarity with Perforce;
- An understanding of GSuite.
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere;
- A chance to work in a booming industry within an international team;
- Coffee, snacks and drinks at the office dispensers, and daily meal vouchers;
- Yearly Vouchers for goods or services, including discounts on the purchase of video games;
- 1-to-1 dedicated courses to improve personal skills (e.g. English language, soft skills or specific technical courses according to the needs of the team);
- Company Events (dinners, cultural and team building trips);
- Regular check-ups 1-to-1 with your manager and HR to assess performance, progress, difficulties, and periodic climate analyses;
- Career development: structured salary review process and individual growth path;
- Smart working policy to promote work-life balance;
- Free Shares Incentive Plan and production bonus.