RaceWard Studio is seeking a Level Designer for our upcoming titles. The Level Designer will be required to bring structure to the game concept by creating the environment of each level and then plotting out the actions within it.
- Work closely with project leads to identify and resolve issues;
- Interpret the original concept of the game as briefed by the Game Designer;
- Work from storyboards to create the level structure;
- Write document listing assets, objectives and layout of each level;
- Sketch and map out each level;
- Collaborate with the art, design, animation and programming teams to develop unique and interesting game environments;
- Research game plot and subject matter to create accurate and compelling environments;
- Review design and development work on a regular basis to ensure execution is in line with overall vision and quality standards.
- Strong passion for making and playing games;
- Previous experience in the video game industry as Level Designer;
- Artistic talent;
- Excellent visualization skills combined with good spatial and layout design skills;
- Methodical mindset;
- Knowledge of architectural principles;
- Ability to transform 2D concepts into 3D objects;
- Understanding of how objects respond to the laws of physics;
- Deep understanding of gameplay and game engagement;
- Problem-solving ability;
- Proficient in English, both spoken and written.
NICE TO HAVE
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine;
- Familiarity with Perforce;
- An understanding of GSuite.
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere;
- A chance to work in a booming industry within an international team;
- Coffee, snacks and drinks at the office dispensers, and daily meal vouchers;
- Yearly Vouchers for goods or services, including discounts on the purchase of video games;
- 1-to-1 dedicated courses to improve personal skills (e.g. English language, soft skills or specific technical courses according to the needs of the team);
- Company Events (dinners, cultural and team building trips);
- Regular check-ups 1-to-1 with your manager and HR to assess performance, progress, difficulties, and periodic climate analyses;
- Career development: structured salary review process and individual growth path;
- Smart working policy to promote work-life balance;
- Free Shares Incentive Plan and production bonus.