We’re looking for a Quest Designer to work on Nacon Studio Milan’s upcoming Terminator title.
The Quest Designer will work closely with the Design Leadership to prototype, implement and tune quests in Unreal 5.
Placed within the Gameplay Design team, the Quest Designer will be involved in every aspect of the game in order to use both the gameplay systems and writers’ creativity to craft quests that stand out and bring to life the Terminator universe.
The ideal candidate has a strong technical understanding of UE Blueprints, a grasp of the fundamentals of storytelling and quest design.
- Prototype and implement engaging quests for players to discover and engage with;
- Work closely with writers, level designers, artists, and engineers to deliver the narrative vision within the game.
- At least one released project as technical designer or narrative designer;
- Hands-on experience with designer tools and proficiency with Unreal Engine 5;
- Experience with UE Blueprints;
- Being able to write clear and concise design documentation regarding quests;
- Excellent bug diagnosis and debugging skills;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Extreme attention to detail;
- Fluency in English and Italian.
- Familiarity with Perforce or other version control software;
- Knowledge of the GSuite, especially Google Spreadsheets;
- Knowledge of Miro or other digital whiteboard platform;
- Knowledge of the Survival FPS genre;
- Knowledge of the Terminator universe.
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere;
- A chance to work in a booming industry within an international team;
- Coffee, snacks and drinks at the office dispensers, and daily meal vouchers;
- Yearly Vouchers for goods or services, including discounts on the purchase of video games;
- 1-to-1 dedicated courses to improve personal skills (e.g. English language, soft skills or specific technical courses according to the needs of the team);
- Company Events (dinners, cultural and team building trips);
- Regular check-ups 1-to-1 with your manager and HR to assess performance, progress, difficulties, and periodic climate analyses;
- Career development: structured salary review process and individual growth path;
- Smart working policy to promote work-life balance;
- Free Shares Incentive Plan and production bonus.