Senior Character Artist
We’re looking for passionate Senior Character Artists who aspire to bring our heroes, villains and creatures to life! The ideal candidate should have a complete portfolio demonstrating an exceptional eye for detail, experience with hi-res sculpting to game mesh workflow, PBR pipeline, and current game editor experience such as Unreal. They will work with the Lead Character Artist to create high quality characters in keeping with the project’s Art Direction.
- Create amazing characters following your Lead and Art Director vision and workflows.
- Respect the quality target and drive it along the team including outsourcing work reviews and feedbacks.
- Ensuring character assets meet specifications provided by all relevant departments.
- Constantly review and implement your work using the game editor.
- Trouble shoot asset errors and immediately action on it.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Strong passion for making and playing games.
- An up-to-date portfolio filled with examples of Character Art work.
- Highly experienced and proficient with 3dsMax and/or Maya, Zbrush and Substance 3D.
- High level knowledge of anatomy, mechanical sculpting and texturing with strong overall artistic abilities.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of human anatomy, proportions, mechanics, characterisation & archetypes.
- Solid 3d modelling and texturing skills with both organics & hard-surface.
- Experience of character pipelines and efficient memory management of UVs, textures and vertices.
- Understanding of character modelling, rigging and skinning in preparation for animation.
NICE TO HAVE
- Proven experience in developing character models and textures in a variety of styles.
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere;
- A chance to work in a booming industry within an international team;
- Coffee, snacks and drinks at the office dispensers, and daily meal vouchers;
- Yearly Vouchers for goods or services, including discounts on the purchase of video games;
- 1-to-1 dedicated courses to improve personal skills (e.g. English language, soft skills or specific technical courses according to the needs of the team);
- Company Events (dinners, cultural and team building trips);
- Regular check-ups 1-to-1 with your manager and HR to assess performance, progress, difficulties, and periodic climate analyses;
- Career development: structured salary review process and individual growth path;
- Smart working policy to promote work-life balance;
- Free Shares Incentive Plan and production bonus.